1.7.08

Family Bonding

So our Father's day present for our dad finally arrived Monday night. It was very exciting... it was originally more a present for my sister and I but we decided to make it a "father's day present" to pass off the expense with our mom! haha Anyway, what started out as just another video game turned into a great way to spend some quality family time together which these days can be a rarity. So what, you ask, is this o-so-special and brilliant present that brought our family together again? It is none other than RockBand. Seriously, this game is greatness! There's a microphone, a guitar, and a drum set, so all of us can play and we can all play something different every time. (Well, we don't have two guitars yet, so technically only 3 of us can play at once.) But we had so much fun- my dad, my sister and I trying to beat the levels and unlock new songs to play! It was probably the most time the 3 0f us have spent together in awhile. My dad works really hard to support our family, so as a result we don't always see him a lot (that and the fact that he has a pretty active social life), so he's not home all that often. And when all of us are home, we usually just do our own things. So, Rock Band has reunited our family! lol so I'm being a little dramatic, but you get the point. It's times like these that make me really thankful for my family. So many of my friends have unhappy home lives- drama w/ their parents and such... that's another post in itself... but I have always had a happy home life, and whatever problems we may have, I know my parents love me and at the end of the day that's what matters!

Pin It

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails