So, I am a couple days late doing this, but I was a little busy
drinking celebrating this weekend. Saturday was my 21st birthday, and I am super excited about this! I had a great weekend celebrating with great friends and I am so happy to be 21!! (So happy, in fact, that I haven't quite comprehended how old I am now. I am focusing on the exciting parts of being 21! lol) So, for my birthday post I have compiled a list of 21 random things about being 21!! (Did I mention I turned 21 enough times?)
First of all, I got a "Happy 21st Birthday" card from Student Life at my University with "21 ways to celebrate your 21st birthday. Here are some of the ways they listed that particularly amused me:
- Strive to say "meow" 21 times in one conversation
- Go get line dancing lessons
- Take a shot of 21 flavors of Kool-Aid
- Take 21 shots of water
- Buy 21 lottery tickets
- Go bowling and try to get a score of 21
- Walk for 21 miles with a group at the park
Also, being that 21 is a big birthday, it came with a lot of
- Don't go to the hospital
- I knew someone who (insert crazy story here) on their 21st birthday. Don't do that.
- Wow, Halloween and your 21st birthday on the same weekend? I hope you survive.
- Have fun... but not too much fun.
- Have a memorable birthday. In other words, remember it!
- Be safe (I got this like 100 times. I guess people were concerned...)
- (The next day) I'm glad you survived your 1st night as a 21 year old!
- If I so happen to go out and enjoy a couple of beverages on a school night, it's nice that now I don't have to worry about the big black "X"'s on my hands, so my professors won't know I went out the night before.
- On that note, there is nothing worse than walking into the bar and having the bouncer yell "minor". It just makes you feel so horrible about being a minor! Thank goodness I am not one of those anymore!
- It is really unfortunate that I got my driver's license picture redone this summer... and it was hideous. Now, I have to show my ID all the time and everyone is going to see the most unattractive picture of me ever!
- Peer pressure sucks. Especially when it's your 21st birthday and everyone thinks you need to take a lot of shots. Don't do it. Not that I did, I'm just saying.
- I feel like 21 is going to be expensive. I already have a list of places I want to go, things I want to do now that I am 21. They all cost money.
- 21 makes me feel old. Which I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I mean it's good that I'm getting older and growing up, but holy crap where did the time go?!
- This age opens up so many new windows and so many new places to explore, that I am super excited! I can't wait to go to the bars I couldn't go to before, to drink where I couldn't before. It's like a whole new world!
Don't I look happy?! haha! Also, I love comments so feel free to leave one saying Happy Birthday! ;)