I'll be honest... I found out that Osama Bin Laden was dead on Facebook. It seems as though the first thing everyone did upon the news breaking was rush to their computers and update their Facebook Status. Facebook was literally overflowing with status updates about the news.
Back in the day when Obama was elected, I compiled the different reactions on facebook into a blog post. When I saw all the statues about Bin Laden's death, I knew I had to do the same. Most were celebrating, some were scary and some were hilarious! Check it out...
- America!! F Yea!!
- Godbless America and the men and women that caught Osama. 'Merica
- Special thanks to all our soldiers for their courage and bravery. God bless America! :)
- ...good to see bad things happen to bad people.
- Well Done Presidents Bush and Obama, The CIA, US special forces, The Navy seals that killed Osama (I would like to shake your hands), and all our soldiers making us proud over seas. Burn in hell a$$ hole. USA!!!!!
- Would love to been that small group of americans that took that bitch out!
- WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS...at least for now...USA!! USA!! USA!!
- It's a little disturbing how many people are celebrating a death with such hateful joy. I'm all for justice, but I'd like to think we're...you know...actually better than/different than the terrorists. That being said: adios, sucka
- Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live? - Ezekiel 18:23
- "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."- George W. Bush, Speech after 9/11 attacks
- "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." President John F. Kennedy
- "Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve." -George W. Bush
- evil never dies one leader falls another rises...think about that.
- While OBL might very well be dead, think of what this might mean for our men and women in uniform and for ourselves, when the inevitable backlash occurs. Please keep this in mind while you're popping champagne corks and toasting one another.
- hey people, just cause he is dead doesnt mean the war is over..... he was ONE person... there are thousands more just like him.
- Autopsy results show Toby Keith's boot inserted into bin laden's rectum
- Osama Ghost: Well this sucks...I accidentally enabled location on my tweets.
- I hope Zuck made Facebook strong enough to withstand the day our United States military heroes took out that jack wagon Osama!
- "I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." (Mark Twain)
- We should bury Obama and Osama next to each other
- BREAKING NEWS: Chuck Norris returns from trip to Afghanistan.
- wrap that in your turban and wear it
- "We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way."
- FOX NEWS EMERGENCY UPDATE: New information suggesting that Osama Bin Laden was actually killed 49 years ago and has now been reincarnated into a multi-racial top political official is beginning to surface.
- I was going to write a status about Bin Laden being dead...but I think Facebook got the message
- Well, looks like Obama just got himself another 4 years.
- Bin laden... best player ever in hide and seek... dead.
I always say when something big like this happens, if you want to know how people really feel log on to facebook and read their statuses! People don't hold back on Facebook, that's for sure! I was one of the few who didn't update my status tonight, but if I did I would go with the simple and generic "God Bless America." Today, I am proud to be an American!