2.7.08

I can't stop...

I can't stop posting things today... it's like I go days without posting anything other than blogfest stuff! Now all the sudden i'm like the energizer bunny for blogging! ha! I talked briefly about my parents in this post, but I wanted to give them a shout out today. Today is their 20th wedding anniversary! My parents are such an inspiration for me... they may not be perfect, but they are real. They argue just like everyone else (I remember listening to them yell from our bedroom and my sister would cry thinking b/c they are arguing they are getting divorced!), they struggle at times, but they have been married 20 years and are still in love! You know the saying every girl marries her father? I hope that's true. My dad is exactly what I hope to have in a husband some day; he has worked so hard for so many years to give us the life we have (which is pretty great), he is a great dad and I don't think I tell him that often enough, he is a loving husband- I remember him bringing my mom home flowers one day- just because. He always defends my mom when my sister and I are giving her a hard time (although it can be annoying at the time, it's sweet that she has someone on her side w/ 2 teenage daughters). And my mom... if one day I am half as good a mom to my kids as she is to us, I will consider myself so lucky. My mom is my hero, really. She quit her job to stay home with us and be there for us when my sister went to Kindergarten (she's now a sophomore in H.S.). Growing up and having my mom around all the time meant so much to me. She literally put her life on hold for us, and I am so grateful. My mom is like my friend, but still a parent; when I need to talk, she always listens and I can tell her everything. She can't always fix things but at least she tries. My parents aren't perfect, and yeah, alot of times they drive me crazy. But they are my parents and I am so lucky because of that. I hope one day when I get married, we will be just as happy as my parents and can be just as great parents as they have been for us. Here is a picture of me with my parents the day of my graduation: Happy Anniversary Mom && Dad!!

Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! Congratulations to your parents - I can't wait to have been married that long! - I'm sure they are very proud of you. :)

Homegrown Tribe said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. You put a smile on my face.

hope to hear from you again soon,

brittany

Anne Elizabeth said...

That is such a sweet post! I bet it means a lot to them to know how much you love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails