17.2.09

Beware of Creepy Bar Guys...

So this weekend was mine and my friends first experience at one of the bars in town, and let's just say it was a real good time! Anyway, as you may know, there is a certain crowd that hangs out at bars... college students (especially in a college town), townies (people who live in town that aren't college students, etc.), and then you usually get some creepers... If you don't know what a creeper is it's basically the same thing as a creep, it's just someone whose a little strange or creepy for whatever reason. Well, my friends and I (seeing as we're not 21) were getting some guys to buy us drinks and stuff. Well my friend had a few too many drinks, and started getting really friendly with some of the guys, 1 who happened to be a little extra creepy! This guy was really nice all night, buying us shots, buying us drinks, etc, and he seemed friendly enough, so we didn't really think anything of it. Then, my friend went to go talk to him later and asked him to get her another drink, to which he replied she should give him a hickey... creepy right!? Well, all in the name of getting another drink, my really drunk slightly intoxicated friend obliged.. and ended up making out with him, and dancing with him. Later, after we left the bar and went to our favorite frat house, my friend started getting phone calls and text messages from this guy. This is where he enters creeper status; he would not leave her alone! He left her five voice mails making sure she got home okay, promising to be "romantic", and offering to come pick her up so she could come hang out, telling her "I thought we hit it off pretty well... call me back so we can hang out," telling her "I hoped we could finish what we started which was actually kinda hot and kinda sexy...", "I like you a lot, I was hoping we could get back together," and more! Then there were the text messages... even more creepy than the voice mails! In an attempt to get him to stop calling her, she texted him 1st, and the conversation went like this: (I inserted some timestamps randomly to give you an idea of how long this went on for!) (2:41 AM) friend: Hey I made it home ok, thanks for checking (read: stop calling me!) creeper: Please come over you gave me a hickey (ew) friend: haha maybe later (not!) creeper: maybe later what? (get a clue, buddy...) friend: maybe later I'll come over (nope..) creeper: Is this (insert friends name here)? (duhh...) friend: yes creeper: who is this? (wtf did she not just tell you its her!?) friend: (insert name here) creeper: Where you at? friend: At the frat house creeper: can i come pick you up? (umm no!) friend: Y? creeper: you don't want me to pick you up? (No, she doesn't!) (3:15 AM) creeper: please let me come pick you up (stop begging...) creeper: You don't remember us kissing? (no she doesn't actually... that's what happens when you're really drunk!) friend: I do remember I'll get home safe don't worry (read: GO AWAY!) creeper: Please let me pick you up (3:55 AM) creeper: Please come over (the answer is still no) creeper: We should go out. You gave me a hickey. (yes, you mentioned that in every voicemail) creeper: I really want to go on a date with you. (tough luck) (4:24 AM) creeper: Please call me tomorrow. I really want to see you. creeper: Please come over now and we can finish what we started (nothing was started!) creeper: You know I am still crazy about you (Still, as in 6 hours after we met? Wow talk about commitment..) Then the next day, he was still upset, my friend got this text message the following afternoon: creeper: You left me at the bar with a hickey and a hard on. That was not fair. (tough luck buddy!) The creepiest part? We later identified this creeper as an alum of one of the frat houses on campus... they call him "Gramps".... He's 37! Wtf does a 37 year old want with a college freshman!? EW!

Pin It

33 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

EWWWW! Be careful when you go out to bars! It sounds like there's weird guys lurking.

Celine said...

Ewww! That totally grossed me out!
37? Hellooo? Ugh!
I'm glad you guys made it home safe and sound though! :)

Dawn said...

Well, you know that I am old...34. I have no desire to even go to bars like that anymore. Sounds to me like this guy is missing his college years. That and he is plain ol' nuts! Trust me when I say, and you have probably already learned, there are tons of wacky people in the world. Many things happen when people are drunk that most definitely shouldn't. Been there, done that! Be careful. :-)

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Okay, can't resist- the mama in me is coming out- you girls need to be careful and just don't text them back when they are weird like that!

Foodfriends said...

Lesson learned: stay with the pack. Fortunately, you were with your friend and did not allow her to leave with the "creepy dude." One more good lesson, keep pepper spray with you. I always do, just in case..

Cammie said...

and barf.

stay safe!

Anonymous said...

That is beyond creepy.

sues2u2 said...

Since I think I'm the oldest to respond so far (in my 40's!) the mama in me is ALSO coming out! Be careful!!!! Before you go out like that talk about a bogus cell number you can give out. Anything but giving your real info to creeps like that. (see I am really old. you have totally got ME freaked out for you!)

CollegeBlender said...

Hahah omg this is a GREAT story, thanks for sharing! :)

Megan said...

Ohhh girl..be careful! I don't party like I used to and BOY did I get into some sketchy situations just by being nice--don't be nice to creepy guys!! hah. :)

Unknown said...

37??? Eek, he sounds very desperate (no offense to your friend of course). I advise no giving out of the number next time! HA!

jmt said...

Keep your butts at home. LOL I'm tellin' ya...it's Missouri!! Okay, I'm biased, I know....I'm a Jayhawk. But still!!

Mrs. Nurse said...

Major Creeper! And 37, gross!

Celine said...

Hey Patrice,
You have an award waiting for you on my blog! :)

Susan said...

Wow.... that is creepy! Be careful out there, guys will do a lot of things to get you to do what they want! Just ignore all phone calls and texts.... enough of being a Mom now!

Aracely said...

Yucko! We had a creep-o like that in high school, he was old enough to be our daddy and he still came to all our football games in his crusty old letterman jacket no less.

Hccm said...

Follow Wenda!

MsTypo said...

Ewww!! That's not a creeper that's a stalker! *shudder* Stay careful!

AndreaLeigh said...

yeah, this is bringing out the mama in me and I'm not even a mama. that's some dangerous stuff. i'm all for having fun but accepting numerous drinks from a guy you have no intention of getting to know better is somewhat misleading - I can see where he would have been confused. although it does sound like he went from confused to over the top stalkerish.

koopermom said...

Be careful! Bars are full of creepers, some way worse than that guy!!

Unknown said...

Very ew! Good thing he wasn't psychologically messed up and ended up stalking you guys. Be very careful in bars.

Laural Out Loud said...

Disgusting. What a perve. 37? I was so worried the story was going to lead to him spiking her drink, so at least that didn't happen, but still be careful as you'll probably run into him again!

Gabrielle Amanda said...

Following Wenda! That grossed me out too. Yuck! Never go there again...Midlife crisis??

Brandy said...

Yeah you've got to be careful at bars. Especially if you've had a few yourself!!

Mandy said...

Good grief. That's gross. You never can trust anybody in a bar. Ick.

Alison said...

Found your blog through SITS. I have two younger sisters, so the big sis gene in me really wants to give you tons of advice...but I won't. :)

And what do you think a 37 yr old man wants with a college girl?? helloo...

Be careful out there! :)

Unknown said...

Ew!! That's really scary...what a perv!

Grand Pooba said...

Yikes! A 37 year old loser gross!

Kristina said...

EWW! Gross!!!!!
I realize 37 is not that old (not old enough to be nick named Gramps!) :)

Definitely too old for a college freshman, and gross text!!!

:)

Megan said...

Ugh! Ew. Nasty.

Be safe!!

Visiting from SITS and following Wenda. =)

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Stopping by to say hi from SITS! Are you out looking for Wenda, too? =) (Even though she's here now...)

sribbler said...

next time be more careful with these such kind of persons...

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck!
Just stopping over from SITS to show some comment love. Take care and stay safe!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails