16.9.08

Not So Disappointing after all?

It has happened, friends! My blog has become something worth speaking of... Today I was on Google Reader (yes I know it's shocking!) and trying to catch up on all your posts, since I have 119 unread items currently, and it's probably already gone up while I've been posting this! But never mind that. That is not the important part. The part that is important is what caught my eye on the side of the page... something blue! A link... TO MY BLOG!!! Under Google Recommendations! I was so excited! So immediately I went to go check my stats, because of course, this must mean more people are coming to read my blog right?!? (Despite my lack of really great search terms) Wrong. Well, at least according to Google Analytics. But it's ok. I was keeping my hopes up. I was ready. I was prepared for as Wendi put it for my readership to triple. I had my tech guy on speed dial, just in case I got so many hits, I crashed the server. Until I read this. Apparently, not everyone's Google Reader Recommendations are the same. So does this mean I'm the only one who got recommended to my site. So, it's disappointing, obviously. I mean I was so ready and prepared, you know?! I can take it. I will be ok. Don't worry! I'll just go back to trying to figure out random search terms to get people to come to blog, oh wait that doesn't work either. Well, there's still hope. The day is not over, and I am still recommended by Google Reader... at least on my Google Reader page.

Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool - I've never seen MY blog on the google recommended, so that's definitely something in my opinion. :)

Megan said...

Yeah, I don't really understand the Google Reader stuff. :/ I am HAPPY you like your package. Nothing broke did it? I was a little worried about the frames, but I thought they were super cute because you could decorate them!

HIS daughter said...

Hey! so yes I have to admit I did do my layout by myself and it was free or whatever :) Hope life is treating you well!

Marla said...

your day will come... patience...

The Broken Man said...

Oh, how irritating! Still, even if it's only on your site, it's still good to see your name up in lights!

And loads of people like your blog, so you must be doing something right!

The Broken Man

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

At least your google reader knows what you like!!!

I don't get many exciting ones, either! You could always use inappropriate words, but you know, that's not the traffic you want to generate.

jOni lAnE said...

very interesting...

Related Posts with Thumbnails