I've been meaning to write this post all week, so thanks to Jen @ Daily Mish Mash for hosting Movie Madness, a bloggy carnival all about movies, for motivating me to finally do it!
- It's awfully sunny to be raining- I swear it was during one of the songs with Troy and Gabriella, and they were on top of the school, singing of course, and one minute it was really sunny and then all the sudden it was like sunny & raining... strange!
- I bet there's a song about this- We would joke around every time there was some major dialogue about how there was gonna be a song, since there's a song for everything! I know it's a musical, we were just being silly.. go with it!
- Why do they have to sing every time they eat lunch? And where do the tables go?- Seriously, every time they were in the lunch room, there was a song! And magically... the tables disappeared! Where do they go?!?
- The freshman look 8- seriously how old were the actors that were supposed to be the freshman, because they did not look like freshman. And for once, they didn't look older than they were supposed to, but younger! Can't they just look the right age for once?!
- OMG Gabriella's clothes- are fabulous!!! If only I were that skinny and could afford clothes like that... I can dream right?!
- Why does Troy have to climb over everything?- Seriously, at one point he gets out of his truck, hops over the back to get the other side to open the door for Gabriella. Um... I guess he looked cool and all, but why not just walk around?! Later, he did the same thing with a chair, like hopped over it in some half dance move or something, when he could've just walked around!
- Best Line of the whole movie: "Take a breather, Lebron"- I don't know why, but for some reason we found this hilarious!
- Sharpay's purse looks like a hoola-hoop- seriously, if you haven't seen the movie yet, when you do look for the hoola-hoop purse! It's too funny and too weird!
- Troy is so sensitive- maybe a little too sensitive? Just throwing it out there...
- Why is it raining basketballs?!- At one point, during one of Troy's songs I think, it was literally raining basketballs! But miraculously, somehow none of them hit him even though he was standing right there! hmm..
- Who bike rides in a mini skirt?!- Apparently Gabriella a.k.a. Vanessa Hudgens does because she did in the movie! Who does that?!? Inappropriate! And you would think that would be really uncomfortable...
- What kind of theatre performance has different actors playing the same role at different parts of the show- I don't wanna say too much about this, because I don't want to give away any spoilers, but seriously... the theatre performance was so strange, but of course everyone in the movie loved it! Whatever!
And finally... my favorite one:
- Pink Leather pants... really?! Enough said!
Overall, it was a good movie, not my favorite HSM movie by any means, and it was pretty high on the corny scale, but it was worth seeing. I know a lot of people who loved it, and the music as always was pretty good! Can't wait to download some of the songs. Hope you enjoyed our thoughts & reflections. If you want to write your own movie post, or want to link to one you wrote before make you sure you go link up with Jen!