30.12.08

Fake Conversation pt 2!

If you don't know the story behind this... go here! There's nothing like the holiday's to bring back old friends... or fake friends! Christmas day I got a text from a number I didn't recognize... then I remembered! It was Britney... she was back! So of course I texted back... all in the name of blogging obviously, not for my own amusement or because I am that lame that I actually enjoy having conversations with complete strangers who think I'm someone else. Anyway, here's how it went: *Note: I translated some of the text speak, but occasionally it will still b n slang like dis... so bear with me! Britney: Merry Christmas Me: (thinking) hmm... who is this number?!? I checked the list of numbers for my sorority sisters, but it wasn't one of them. I had 1 of my friends call the number to see who it was, no answer, and the voice mail didn't have a name! WtF!? So finally curiosity got the best of me, and I just had to know who this was! Me: Who is this!? Britney: It's Britney! (oh yeah... Britney! ok well I guess I'll text back..) Me: Oh hey! (of course I know you are, silly me!) Merry Christmas :) (I think the smiley face adds a little extra friendliness!) Well, apparently Britney didn't feel the need to respond, but I couldn't let her go that easy! She was finally texting me back! I had to get her to talk somehow... so I texted her again! (I did this for the blog of course!) Me: How was your Christmas!? (See you have to ask a question! That requires a response, so she has to text back, right!?) Britney: My xmas was good :) (see, she does the smiley thing, too!) how was yours!? Me: That's good! (I'm trying to be supportive!) Mine was good 2! I haven't talked 2 u n 4ever! What have u been up 2!? (Translation: Give me some dirt... come on!) Britney: Nothing really just getting my back into school and workin my butt off... u!? (Boring! This is not dirt!) Me: That's no fun :( (I'm telling you the smiley faces really add something!) How's that going!? I'm just living the life u know crazy parties wild adventures lol (I'm kidding... kind of ;-) haha) Britney: hahaha gotta love it! (umm yeah!) I miss that part of life :) haha (I get that a lot...) Me: Lol I know right!!? (My life is really something to be jealous of ha not!) U still working @ Chili's? How's the school thing goin!? (translation: please... tell me something juicy!) Britney: Unfortunately yes :( (Another smiley, geez!) school is coming along. I won't graduate from dental hygiene school for another 3 years though. Whats new you w/ you!? (Now I have to spill...?? That's not how this is supposed to go!) Me: Yeah well at least ur getting it over with! (I am so supportive of my fake friend!) Not much.. my bf and I broke up :( (Why I'm telling her my real life... I don't know, but I don't know what Kathy* has been up to, so either I make something up or just tell her my life story, so might as well go with my life story!) Britney: Oh no! Why!? You seemed so happy! (How depressing is it that even a complete stranger could tell how completely happy I was with him...!?) Me: I know :( I was! (true) But he has a lot going on in his life so he didn't feel like he could be 100% n a relationship so we r trying 2 b friends but its hard. Whats new with u!? (Enough depressing stuff about me!) Britney: Aww I'm sorry sweetheart (woah sweetheart, what!?) Nothing really me and Cody* broke up awhile ago and I moved out with my new bf, best friend, and his best friend (woah new bf already, what!? She moves on fast...) Me: Wow u already have a new bf!? Way 2 go! (I fully support moving on quickly!) What's his name!? What's he like?! (I want juicy details!) Britney: It was a mess to say the least (yes! drama!) Cody* had bought me an engagement ring and I didn't even know about it. (She gave me more details about this last time) Me: Yeah u told me about that (tell me something I don't know!) Wow do you think yaall will ever get back 2gether!? (The age old question of course!) Britney: haha I'm classy :) haha. (ok it's not that funny! enough haha's!) his name is bryan*... he's a total goofball just like me & he treats me like a million dollars (how exactly do you treat someone like a million dollars!?) Britney: I don't think so... he was gone so much I fell out of love with him and I kind of resented him cause he was never around... not that it was his fault (hmm... sounds like a Lifetime movie!) Me: Aww! I'm jealous!! He sounds like a great guy! (The new guy not the old one!) I'm happy 4 u :) (As happy as I can be for someone I've never met...) I hope 1 day I will find some1! I totally understand about you & Cody that happens! (That's supportive, right!? What would Kathy say? I don't know!) Do y'all ever talk!? (More drama, come on!) Britney: yeah, we just started talking like a week ago (there's gotta be more to the story... come on!) You'll find someone you're a great girl (I'm sure Kathy is a great girl... wouldn't know!) But I have to go back to work :( Call me sometime! I miss you! Me: (secretly bummed this conversation is ending) Ok good luck with everything! It was good catching up with u! (a.k.a thanks for finally texting me back so I have something to blog about!) Text me soon :) (As opposed to calling... I don't want you to know I'm not the real Kathy!) I miss u 2! (I'm sure Kathy does miss you... me? Not so much!) So that was how part 2 of "Kathy" and Britney went! What will be next!? Will Britney call? I don't know if I could pull that off... but then again it doesn't seem like they talk too much, so maybe she won't know!? I think it's safe to say for now that the secret is safe...

Pin It

23 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO FUNNY! You have your own texty BFF that you don't even know! Can't wait for Part #3! : )

BTW, Happy New Year girl!

WindyBug said...

That is so awesome. I'm secretly glad you are having a fake friendship via text with someone. Now I don't feel so crazy for pulling some of the random stuff I do.

AmberW said...

OH MY GOODNESS~!!! I am soooooooooo dying of laughter over here. What a GREAT story! hahaha

Cammie said...

that is HYSTERICAL :):):):)
Is that enough smilies for you?
Now I will be waiting with baited breath for my FIRST random text.
hmmm...maybe I will start one...someone HAS to have phone number 478-1114 right? hmmmmm

Megan said...

That. Is. SO. Funny!! Text her again soon!

Michelle said...

That's awesome! I read part one AND two! I'll be anxiously awaiting part three...

Amy B said...

Know what worries me? I was kind of bummed when it ended..I even went back and read the first one. Now why would I care about this ending...Humm..
Ok let us know as soon as she contacts you again. LOL

t said...

This is priceless....!!!

Anti-Supermom said...

Funny. My fingers hurt from just thinking about all that texting.

Wow, lady!

Kelley said...

Haha yes! This is excellent! I might have to steal your idea and have a conversation with some unknown number that texts me and use it in a Dear Stupid.

RuensOnTheRun said...

Funny! Looking forward to part 3. Have a happy and safe new years eve!

Unknown said...

One word: FUNNY!

Happy New Year Girly!!! What are your new years resolutions!? xxx.

Mandy said...

LOL! I had to catch up on the last installment.... Can't believe she texted you again. :)

Dennis and Leslie said...

Haha, that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed you pulled this off for two entire conversations. Can't wait to see what Britney tells you next time.

Marrdy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I need to take some time and come back and stalk you some!

Tabitha Blue said...

That is hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing that conversation!!! I can't wait to hear more!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Honey Mommy said...

That is like a total soap opera! Maybe I should actually start texting so that I have fun content for my blog too! Hehe.

Beck said...

You are SO funny! I love reading your blog (: (I always add smily faces too, LOL)

It's almost as good as Gossip Girl (without the ManCandy also known as Chace Crawford and Ed Westwick) Do you watch? LOL

Tabbie:) said...

Hey doll!!
Weight Watchers is really great!! It's not really a diet, it teaches you how to eat correctly that's what I love about it. It makes you aware of everything you eat.

However from your gorgeous profile pic, it doesnt look like you need to worry, you are beautiful!!!

Tabitha Blue said...

Just checking in to say hello!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm confused and curious. I'm going back to read your older post.
-FringeGirl

Hepburn Hilton said...

You are still bad!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails