11.1.09

Comfort Zones

I am a strong believer that everyone has a comfort zone. You know that place where you just feel so right and nothing could change that!? Well I am one of those people that hates to be taken out of my comfort zone. I like comfort, I like the feeling it has, I like feeling like I belong somewhere. I am such a fan of my comfort zone that I don't even like vacations really, because I'm not sleeping in my own bed and I'm in a strange place, etc. Well this break from school has just reinforced all this for me... except I now have 2 comfort zones and it's hard/weird to go back and forth between the two. School was and has been my comfort zone since I started there. I feel comfortable there, and I feel like its my home away from home. So at first when I came to my real home, it was weird. I didn't feel home, I felt like I was visiting a familiar place but I didn't really feel home anymore. Then as time went on I got more and more comfortable and this became my home again. Now, just as I started to feel comfortable again and like I belong, I have to leave my comfort zone again and go back to school. Sure I'm excited to see my friends. Yes, I've missed them. Sure, it will be nice and I know it will go back to being my comfort zone again soon. But it's still kind of sad, and scary. This break has been so long I kind of got used to being home again. Now I have to go back, and it's like going to school for the 1st time all over again, only less scary. Sure, there are definite perks: no curfew, no one bugging you about things like where your going, what your doing, who your with, etc. But still... I'll miss my friends here, and of course I'll miss my family. I wish I had spent more time with them. It's sad because I don't know for sure when I'll be back, it might be the summer which is in 6 months. I know school will be great, I love where I go to school and I have no doubt that it will take no time to once again become my comfort zone, but it is still not fun to leave your comfort zone.

Pin It

8 comments:

Cammie said...

soon this will be something you dont even thing about...the back and forth I mean. You will just get so used to it. Oh, and LOL about the curfew....the first summer I was home after my freshman year and my mom slapped a curfew on me I was so pissed....I was all "mom, that is what time I would LEAVE at school...not come home

Kelley Bruce Robinson said...

The back and forth is hard for me too. It didn't help that my parents gave my little brother the room I had for thirteen years!

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

I think this is very very normal - Christmas break was the hardest for me too long and too short at the same time somehow. Summer is easier somehow because you've got a few months and the weather is nice, etc.

Wendy@RuensOnTheRun said...

I prefer to stay within my comfort zone too! I remember feeling this way during college some too.

Elaine A. said...

I remember that back and forth between two worlds "back in the day!" {tee hee}. And you know, it's ok to have two "comfort zones!" : )

Leslie said...

Well,we all know how strong you are, and that no matter what "comfort zone" you're in, you will do great! Have a great time back at school, enjoy your freedom and youth!

Krystyn said...

You will find that happy place soon enough...and figure out the balance of both.

And, I agree, it's hard going from rules to no rules.

Even having my own children my mom sometimes still tries to mother me.

Mandy said...

I remember those feelings. You will get back into your groove again. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails