11.1.09

Comfort Zones

I am a strong believer that everyone has a comfort zone. You know that place where you just feel so right and nothing could change that!? Well I am one of those people that hates to be taken out of my comfort zone. I like comfort, I like the feeling it has, I like feeling like I belong somewhere. I am such a fan of my comfort zone that I don't even like vacations really, because I'm not sleeping in my own bed and I'm in a strange place, etc. Well this break from school has just reinforced all this for me... except I now have 2 comfort zones and it's hard/weird to go back and forth between the two. School was and has been my comfort zone since I started there. I feel comfortable there, and I feel like its my home away from home. So at first when I came to my real home, it was weird. I didn't feel home, I felt like I was visiting a familiar place but I didn't really feel home anymore. Then as time went on I got more and more comfortable and this became my home again. Now, just as I started to feel comfortable again and like I belong, I have to leave my comfort zone again and go back to school. Sure I'm excited to see my friends. Yes, I've missed them. Sure, it will be nice and I know it will go back to being my comfort zone again soon. But it's still kind of sad, and scary. This break has been so long I kind of got used to being home again. Now I have to go back, and it's like going to school for the 1st time all over again, only less scary. Sure, there are definite perks: no curfew, no one bugging you about things like where your going, what your doing, who your with, etc. But still... I'll miss my friends here, and of course I'll miss my family. I wish I had spent more time with them. It's sad because I don't know for sure when I'll be back, it might be the summer which is in 6 months. I know school will be great, I love where I go to school and I have no doubt that it will take no time to once again become my comfort zone, but it is still not fun to leave your comfort zone.

Pin It

8 comments:

Cammie said...

soon this will be something you dont even thing about...the back and forth I mean. You will just get so used to it. Oh, and LOL about the curfew....the first summer I was home after my freshman year and my mom slapped a curfew on me I was so pissed....I was all "mom, that is what time I would LEAVE at school...not come home

Kelley said...

The back and forth is hard for me too. It didn't help that my parents gave my little brother the room I had for thirteen years!

Anonymous said...

I think this is very very normal - Christmas break was the hardest for me too long and too short at the same time somehow. Summer is easier somehow because you've got a few months and the weather is nice, etc.

RuensOnTheRun said...

I prefer to stay within my comfort zone too! I remember feeling this way during college some too.

Unknown said...

I remember that back and forth between two worlds "back in the day!" {tee hee}. And you know, it's ok to have two "comfort zones!" : )

Dennis and Leslie said...

Well,we all know how strong you are, and that no matter what "comfort zone" you're in, you will do great! Have a great time back at school, enjoy your freedom and youth!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You will find that happy place soon enough...and figure out the balance of both.

And, I agree, it's hard going from rules to no rules.

Even having my own children my mom sometimes still tries to mother me.

Mandy said...

I remember those feelings. You will get back into your groove again. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails