24.10.08

Fake conversation with a Real Person

So occasionally I stay up kinda late, you know, just hanging out, dying each other's hair, talking about sex boys. Well, the other day I was doing all that when I happened to get a text message. I thought this was really weird since 1. It was 1 AM and 2. I was already with most of my friends, and my boyfriend had already said goodnight. Anyway.. I didn't recognize the number, but I was curious so I read the text message, and this is what it said: "Hey Kathy* it's me Britney*! I miss you! Hope your doing good! Give a call sometime so we can catch up!" So at 1st I was all like "ugh who is this Britney and why does she think I'm Kathy? WTF? I am so not texting her back" Then I was like *light bulb* Wait... This could be bloggy gold!! After all, McMommy pulled off the whole e-mail that wasn't for her thing... So what did I do? I texted her back, of course! All in the name of blogging of course! Me: "HEY!!! What's up?!?" (I am super enthusiastic when it comes to creepy 1 AM strangers!) Britney: "Notta lot love (wait, I'm confused we're supposed to be lovers now? hmm..) How are you? I miss you! Me: I miss you too (as much as you can miss someone you don't know)!! I'm really good. How have you been? What have u been up 2 lately?? Britney: I've been good... things are kinda crazy (yes! Now we're getting to the good stuff...) I broke up with Cody* like a month ago. Now I'm trying to go back to school and stuff (yes! the dirt!) What's going on in your life?! (good question, I don't know what's going on in Kathy's life... hmm) Me: Aww! Why did you guys break up!? (This better be juicy!) I'm sorry! Where are you trying to go to school (read: how old are you are you looking at high schools or colleges?) I've just been partying (true) and I have a new boyfriend (true!!!) He's amazing (definitely true!) Britney: I broke up with him cause I wasn't in love anymore (What?! Who breaks up for that!!) ... He was about to propose I found out soon after (you should've waited for the ring!) I'm trying to get into USC or OSU (ok, so this chick is like smart? didn't see that coming!) New boyfriend!? No way! (yes, I know I'm shocked too!) How long have you been dating him?! Me: Wow! Those are really good schools! (true) Good Luck! (That sounds like something a friend would say, right?!) What are you trying to study? We've been together a few months (ok well a week sounds lame, so I had to fudge just a little!) Britney: I'm studying to be a dental hygienist (so she really is smart! Wow.).. I went for dental assisting already :) (ok what's with the random creepy smiley face? And was I supposed to know that I assumed it's been awhile since "we" talked...) aww what's his name? (why? Why you wanna know, huh? So you can look him up on facebook, no thanks b!%^$) Me: Wow! That's awesome..! Good luck with everything :) ( I felt the need to reciprocate the creepy smiley face even though I still think it's creepy.) His name is Ethan* he's super sweet (true!) Hopefully you will find some men at your new school ;) (ok, what's my problem with the smiley faces!?) And that's where the conversation ended. Britney never texted me back after that. Maybe she figured out I wasn't the real Karen? Maybe it was the creepy smiley faces.. did I go overboard with the winky face? Hopefully I didn't sabotage Britney and Karen's relationship forever! Maybe one day I'll text her again... for the blog of course not for my own personal amusement or anything. Oh, and get this... as I was explaining the situation to my friends I was with and how I was only texting her back so I could blog about this, one of my friends goes "What if it's one of your blog friends trying to contact you and you don't know it?" Um... my blog friends know my name!

Pin It

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmfao geez Kathy, don't you know it's been my dream to be a dental hygienist like as long as I've lived / you've known me... And I thought we were friends!

Dawn said...

I am cracking up!!! Why was she so shocked that Kathy had a man? Is Kathy practically engaged to someone, or is Kathy a homely little thing? Hmmmm?? You are a riot!

Carol said...

I can't believe you did that, but I am secretly glad you did.

Super entertaining.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I don't think I could have done it..but the result is quite hilarious.

The Via Colony said...

What in the world...that is CRAZY!! A little freaky, but crazy. Too funny!

Joy said...

Oh that's hilarious! I would've so texted back, too!

RuensOnTheRun said...

LMAO...too funny! Funny what we'll do out of blog inspiration.

Laural Out Loud said...

This was awesome! If I'm ever mistaken for someone else, I'm totally going for it. Gold indeed!

Ripley F. :-) said...

LOL!!!!!!

Jen said...

That is AWESOME--glad you played along. I wonder if she will ever text you again or if the wink ;) gave it away. Maybe Kathy/Karen never uses winks.

Btw, if you are planning to check in with you Looking Fine challenge, please go over to Jen at http://mommablogsalot.com. I'm having technical issues with my site and can't post today. Sorry.

Megan said...

Oh that is really funny! P.S. Started reading that book--oh my gosh. It is SOO good so far!

Dee said...

LMAO! That is soooo funny!!! I'm glad you did that..mostly for the entertainment factor!

AND..umm..I gave you an award..I know you have a lot on your plate...but go check it out when you get the chance!

Angela said...

Hey Patrice! I found you through Happy Meals and Happy Hour. I love your blog! So freakin' hilarious -- the thing with the texting :) If you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my blogroll. Leave me a comment and let me know!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical! I love it. Just don't get together for lunch with her.
-FringeGirl

Hepburn Hilton said...

You are so bad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails