20.10.08

Looking Fine by 2009- I'm back in Action

Well okay that title's a lie, I'm not in action at all. But I feel I have neglected this little goal and have therefore been letting my bloggy friends down! I haven't forgotten about LFB 2009, how could I when it's on half of your blogs! And most of you have good news- you lost weight, started working out, eating healthier, or any combination of those! You would think this would be motivation enough for me to got off my butt... unfortunately, no. I haven't been to the gym since I got to school and it's been 2 months. I'm just so unmotivated! It's so much easier when I'm not in class to sit on my butt and catch up on blogs, or TV shows online, instead of going to the gym and working out! And don't even get me started on eating.. ugh! It's horrible the habits I've picked up! When I do the cafeteria, which is rare, I eat way too much and take full advantage of the whole free desert thing! Usually, though, I go to what we call the Grab-n-Go.. basically you get like a pre-made sandwich, which sounds at least semi-healthy right? And you do get fruit with it! But you also get chips, and cookies, which I know aren't good for you. I guess I could get an apple and an orange instead of just an apple.. I used to just skip the chips & cookies all together, but then you don't really get what you're paying for. and even if it isn't my money, I don't wanna be ripped off! So maybe I'll go for one or the other and 2 fruits instead of both! That will be goal #1- 2 fruits, with chips or cookies but not both! And no free desert from the cafeteria! Also, I've mentioned before the dreaded candy aisle. I always tell myself to stay away, but then I never do! I always end up buying some kind of candy and telling myself I'll share, I might not even eat it all myself, blah blah. Well, I usually do end up eating most of it, and for no reason other than I feel like it! So goal #2... stay away from the candy aisle! I have to finish what I have already, so it doesn't go to waste, but I will make an effort to share so I don't eat as much. I haven't gone near a scale in months... since I got to school, since I stopped working out, stopped eating healthy. I don't wanna know what that number is going to say. My clothes still fit, so it's not like I've gained a significant amount of weight, but I can't use that as my justification. The truth is, even if I try to tell myself I am, I'm not happy with my weight. I want to be proud of what I see in the mirror, and I wish that happened over night, but it doesn't! Goal #3- Get on a scale. Hopefully the reality check will be what I need to get my butt moving! Then, once I have the number, I will post it on here, and continue to do so every week (with your help, I might need nagging, people!) Goal #4 is to find a work out buddy- let's be honest, it's college. I'm not in school anymore from 8-3. I have a lot of free time during which it wouldn't kill me to get to the gym. I know if I have a work out buddy it will be the motivation I need to get my butt in action. I need someone hollering at me, making me go, even when I whine and make excuses! With 69 girls in the house, I've got to find someone right?! Thanksgiving break is coming up in a month, and my original goal at the end of the summer was to be able to buy designer jeans. I tried unsuccessfully this summer, and unfortunately couldn't fit into a single pair. I don't want to be that person anymore! I want to see my old friends at Thanksgiving, and my family, and have them thinking about how much weight I've lost, not gained! I'm changing the jeans goal to Christmas. By the time I go home for Christmas break, I want to be able to buy some nice, skinny people, jeans! So, I know actions speak louder than words, but I'm really gonna try hard to make the actions echo my words. I don't want to let you guys down anymore, or myself!

Pin It

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! WE can do it! I want to be able to buy jeans in places other than Walmart and Lane Bryant!! Glad to see you are trying to get yourself back on track. :)

Joy said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good luck! You can do it.

Jen said...

I avoided the scale for months before starting this challenge. I knew that I had gained a lot but I hadn't realize it was almost 15 pounds. Don't make the same mistake as me. Good luck with your goals. Thanks for checking in!

Unknown said...

Good luck...I KNOW you can and will do it!

Temptations are the worst, though, right?? I wish I hated foods that were bad for me...I wish!

PS--I haven't forgotten to award my award from you...I have been so busy! It's in the works as a draft, though :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you this totally life changing inspirational pep talk, but I can't even get myself to get it together! But, what I can say is don't overwhelm yourself with ALL of those things at once. Start with one or two. Get those under your belt, get used to doing them, then add on one by one. then it won't seem like this huge defeating task looming over your head! Good Luck!

Sue Wilkey said...

I know how easy it is , once you're off the track, to stay off the track. Just plan the day before: Tomorrow I hit the gym. You'll be surprised after like a week of going, how you can get into the habit. Note to self: Take own advice.

Carol said...

You just need to develop good habits honey.

Which incidently so do I!

Island Girl said...

It's nice to "meet" you too!

I can tell we're going to have a lot in common because I'm also trying to keep myself motivated to workout! It's so hard though!

Jenny said...

i know you will get back on track..but do give yourself some credit..you just started something new and it takes getting used to...a workout buddy is the best way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails