1.4.09

It Is After All All About Me!

So I haven't been blogging much lately. Have you noticed? Maybe, maybe not. I haven't even talked about Spring Break or anything yet! I've been doing a lot of thinking about blogging, just not so much actual blogging. I'm always thinking about it, writing posts in my head and stuff, but lately I'm just either stumped or the post in my head doesn't come out right in real life. I thought a lot about why I haven't really been posting, and I decided that I lost sight of what blogging is all about. I started this blog almost a year ago, and since then it has changed a lot. In the beginning, no one really read my blog. Which was fine, because I wrote for me. Then, when I realized that if you are interesting, people will follow you and comment you... and that can be very addicting! So I think I lost sight a little bit of the purpose of this blog... it's still all about me! I LOVE comments & i LOVE my bloggy friends, and I'm not saying I'm trading that in. I'm just saying if I write a post that gets 30 comments... awesome! But if I write a personal post that maybe no one knows wtf I'm talking about & I get like 2 comments... that's okay too! I want to be able to lok back on this blog a year from now and remember what was going on in my life right now! So I am going to get back to posting because I'm not going to worry about whether or not this interests anyone... if I feel like writing about it, I will. End of story!

Pin It

17 comments:

Celine said...

Good decision! :)

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'm glad that you will be posting more :)

I've missed you!!

Cammie said...

your blog, your posts. I will read them regardless

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

Bravo! That I think is exactly the point! :)

Jen said...

It is really weird that you posted this because I have been having the same exact thoughts. Comments can be addictive but that isn't what blogging is about. Good for you for deciding to get back to the basics.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are right...that's exactly the point! Happy posting.

Unknown said...

That's what blogging is all about! X.

Susan said...

I've totally missed you.... and I really want to hear about Spring Break... in PCB!!!! And I'll love you no matter what. I write these posts and think their great and all and then no one leaves a comment.... it bums me out but I know people are reading me... because they come back!

Mrs. Nurse said...

I love this post because I feel the same way sometimes. I actually feel bad because I feel like I bore the hell out of people sometimes, ha! But, I love being able to tell about my day and hear about others. I love your blogger. So post whatever you like && you still have me to read :)

Amy said...

I know that exact feeling and I had begun to feel like I needed to be more entertaining or whatnot, but that is not why I started my blog. Good for you too!

Travis Erwin said...

And that is what a blog should be.

Unknown said...

Great idea. That is what it's really all about after all. I've been thinking about this myself lately...

Anti-Supermom said...

30 comments - geesh, I've never gotten that many - I dream about that though :)

That is exactly why you should blog - keep it fun - always.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

Yay more to read now

Dawn said...

And we will be reading! I have actually been battling with the same thing, and I need to get back to blogging for me, and I need to not worry about who reads or comments.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Amen sister, cause that's what it should be about! I think most of us get caught up in the entertainment factor of blogging at times and not enough about why we do this in the first place!

Related Posts with Thumbnails