25.2.09

KMBFAG Week 3

I know this post is late... I think I was avoiding it because I didn't want to admit failure! Last week was my sorority's philanthropy week (basically a week full of really fun activities with the other fraternities & sorority's hosted by us to raise money for our national philanthropy). So, not only was I really busy, but we were also kind of spoiled by the other Greek houses. Especially on "suck up day/ chapter appreciation day"... people brought over breakfast pizza, tons of delicious chocolate chip cookies, cake, brownies, a ton of candy, and the gifts just kept on coming! On top of that probably slightly more alcohol was consumed during the week more than usual weeks, due to all the fun activities! I really had the best intentions... I wanted to make it to the gym, but I just kept getting so busy! We had events every night, and it was just hard to fit in time! I hate making excuses, I really do, but I have to for the previous week, because it's the truth! Could I have worked out, even if just for a little bit, if I really wanted to that bad? Yes, probably. But I was having fun, and it just fell down the priority list, honestly. I didn't completely fail: I did work out a couple times, but not every day, and I'm sure I gained a lot of weight from all the sweets that were consumed. Once you fall off the wagon, it's really hard to get back on... I haven't been back to the gym yet. I feel like crap... I eat so much better when I work out, I feel better about myself, I know I'm working towards my goals, and that makes me feel good. I am done making excuses. Last week was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I enjoyed the week. It consisted of a lot of great memories. Now, I just need to get back on that wagon and not only stay on, but make it go faster! I've got to work extra hard to make up for lost time, and I do plan to do so. We have initiation this week, meaning no boys, no booze, no bars rule is in effect until Saturday. Meaning, I won't be going out Thursday or Friday so I will not be hung over under the weather extra tired Friday or Saturday. I think I will take Sunday off as our sorority is hosting a party Saturday night. I don't know how much weight I've gained... I'm assuming it's a lot, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when I weigh in tomorrow. Goals for this week:

  • Get back on the wagon a.k.a. get my Big Fat Ass back to the gym!
  • Watch what I eat... when I don't work out my eating kind of goes down the drain, too, so I've got to get back to eating healthier!
  • Drink more water.
  • Start keeping track of what I eat... I think if I hold myself accountable, it will be easier not to eat that extra candy or whatever.
I may or may not update with my weight for this week once I weigh in, depending on how bad it is I might just wait until next week. Hope you did better than me this week!

Pin It

10 comments:

Celine said...

You can do it girl!
I agree, it's hard to get back on the wagon but it'll be so worth it!
You'll be so glad you have!
I'm rooting for you! :)

Mandy said...

No worries. You can do it. I remember the philanthropies and such. Lots of fun. :)

Tenakim said...

No big deal- I had to climb back up this week too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun this week but yeah staying off the wagon for a week does make it hard to get back on. A weekend? You can recover from that quickly, but a whole week is harder. But you're making it a priority and I'm sure you'll get back there. Just remember to do the best you can every day you can that way when you do need to take off a day or a weekend or a week for whatever reason, it won't be AS detrimental.

Megan said...

It's good to make goals! You can do it! :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I think your approach to weight loss is great...realistic and not self-loathing in anyway. Sure, everyone falls off the wagon, but the important thing is the you pick yourself up and get going again.

Sounds like that is just what you are doing. Keep it up!

-Wenda

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good luck! You can do it.

Mammatalk said...

No bars, no boys, no booze? Who made that rule up? :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up. Just start fresh. You can do it!

jmt said...

Good luck! Wagons are kind of a bore, really.....maybe you should hop a train instead?

Related Posts with Thumbnails