9.2.09

Kissing My Big Fat Blog Ass Goodbye!

TenaKim is on a mission... to get skinny! This is a mission I fully support because it's been a mission of mine for years, with some moderate success... and a lot of failing! Each week, we will blog about our progress and be brutally honest about our successes and failures! So I suppose I will start with why I decided to go along with this mission (besides the fact that Tena came up with a kick-ass name & a really cute button!). I'm sure you all have heard of the freshman 15... yeah try freshman 20. Ok, so maybe it's not that bad... but I honestly refuse to weigh myself. The last time I weighed myself was over Christmas break on the wii Fit & I think it was something like 175. I'm 5'3... so that's not a good weight! According to the Wii Fit I'm "In Danger of Being Overweight", which if you ask me, is actually a nice way of putting it because I would've told you I am overweight. And while I can blame it on the whole it's my freshman year, every freshman gains the freshman 15 thing... I have honestly struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember... and I'm only 19. I have had a couple successes in the past, I worked hard to work out and eat healthy and I manged to lose a significant amount of weight. I was proud of myself, I felt good. But it was so much easier to slack off than it was to stick with it. Especially once I got to school, there were so many excuses: no time, no energy, new place I don't know where anything is (especially the gym), no one to work out with and worst of all free (at least to me not to my parents ha).. the list goes on and on! Bottom line: I lack motivation and perserverance even though I desperately want to be skinny! My highest weight was somewhere between 190 and 195 I think... and I managed to lose a good 20 lbs and get down to 163 my 1st semester of my senior year. Since then, I've been a slacker and gained back not all, but a lot of my weight! Honest truth time... in case you don't believe me I'm fat 'cuz I know some of you won't! Here's me: Let's examine, shall we?

  • Fat stomach? Check
  • "Muffin top" check
  • Double chin? check
  • Huge arms? (not in a good way!) Check
  • Fat thighs? Check.
I could keep going, but I think you get the point... So what am I gonna do about it? I'm glad you asked! Here are the things that have got to go and have got to happen if I'm going to lose weight:
  • No more drunken 3 AM eating! So bad to sleep on all those calories...
  • Healthy choices! No more soda, cookies, candy, pizza, etc.
  • Only light beer! (sorry I can't give up beer altogether... I'm in college!)
  • Sign up for the gym! The YMCA in town is only $15/month with no fee to sign up, and my mom already approved it! Now I just have to go!
So my goal is to lose 15 lbs in 5 weeks... 3 lbs a week is reasonable right? TenaKim lost 3 lbs already this week! 5 weeks is Spring Break, and I'm going to Panama City with my friends. The thought of wearing a bikini makes me want to vomit... that's gotta change! Want to join me and other fellow bloggers in our quest to get skinny and healthy!? Head over to Tenakim's blog and join us in kissing our big fat blog asses goodbye!!

Pin It

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome goals!! And props for posting your weight! Not many females would do that! Great Job and Good Luck!

Megan said...

Good luck! You do not want to cut out all of the things you love..treat yourself to a soda & cookie every once & a while! It is SO hard to be healthy in college--seriously!!

sues2u2 said...

Good for you! As someone who is still struggling I do know how hard it is. Another option for those days when going to the gym isn't that great are workout/yoga dvds from the library. Very easy on the pocket book!

Tenakim said...

I'm with Megan about not depriving yourself- that leads to danger (at least for me)- and also while you're in that setting!

I think your goals are certainly reasonable and attainable. I usually have to go 'balls to the wall' and be pretty miserable for about 2 weeks- until I start seeing results- THEN I get the adrenaline to keep going.

Good luck- I'm cheering you on (that burns calories, right?)

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

We can do it!!

You got goals you can reach, let's put down the cheesecake in my case or beer in your case and get moving!

I love that you were brave enough to show your picture and I am not the only fat ass blogger doing it :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think you can definitely lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks if you stick with this - make sure you are drinking plenty of water and keeping active and avoiding as much junk as possible without going insane and I bet it'll be easy. Especially for such a short time frame - the first month of a good diet you will typically lose about 3 pounds a week, so I can't see how it couldn't be doable.

Unknown said...

You can do it girl! We are here to support you. (I guess you can't really give up beer, can you! HA!)

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I'm in, too!

Annie said...

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debz said...

I'm in with the rest of you!! In it to win it. I know we can all do it.
You've set some very attainable goals, but I agree with the others. Be careful not to deprive yourself. That'll just cause you to want to binge.

Good luck! I'll check back next week!

Susan said...

Good luck! Your goals are totally doable! I remember being in college and being in the same boat! I love the lite beer one.... one of the best things I've ever done is cut out the soda.. I went to water only (except the lite beer, of course) and I could tell a huge difference! That made me feel so much better! And joining the Y is great! Try to find someone to workout with... that way when you don't feel like doing it, you have someone else to answer to!

Deb said...

if i can do it, you can do it... and i THINK i can do it. hang tough.

alanna rose said...

You can do it!
Get yourself some workout DVD's, we used to do this ancient Jane Fonda workout in college. It was super cheesy, so we would laugh, but it would get us moving!

Paige said...

I am with you on this venture and sounds like we have a lot of the same things going on.
I am not giving up beer either---but I dont have college as an excuse.

Good luck!

The Via Colony said...

Wow girl. I'm so proud of you. I know you can do it, 3 pounds a week is TOTALLY doable=) Can't wait to hear your progress!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic goals. I have to set mine in small increments or forget it.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Unknown said...

You have good goals chick! Keep at it! X.

Unknown said...

Congrats on taking that extra step! Good luck on your goal, I'm sure you'll do great. It would also be cool if as a reinforcer to your task, you post an update on your weight and what your doing to be healthier at the end of each week. If you know everyone is expecting to read progress, then you would try harder right? Thats why extreme diets and exercise work on TV shows like The Biggest Loser.

Honey Mommy said...

I've struggled with my weight FOREVER. I have just gotten below 200 pounds and I am so happy about that! Having kids can put some serious weight on ya!

I'll have to check out this site and see if I want to join you guys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails