1.7.09

R.I.P.

With so many celebrity deaths lately, death has kind of been on everyone's mind. But while the world was mourning Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson & Billy Mays, I was mourning my own personal loss... my first car!! Yes, that's right, my poor car is no longer with us. I mentioned my accident here, and it turns out the damage was just too much to repair, so it is no longer my car. At first I wasn't sentimental about this, I mean it's just a car, and I'll get a new one eventually. But then, I realized this was my first car, and the only car I have ever owned! We've been through a lot together, both good and bad. There were accidents (yes, plural. It took me awhile to get the hang of the whole driving thing), speeding tickets (Blah!), and lots of memories! This is my first picture with my car:The story behind how I got my car is pretty special. My 17th birthday (my parents made me wait a year to get my license... lame!), my parents surprised me by parking the car on the driveway & then coming up with some lame excuse to get us to go outside! I was super surprised & super excited! As you can see, it came with a bow on it & everything! So, while it is sad to say goodbye, I will always remember my 1st car! And I am looking forward to getting a new car to make new memories in! I'm thinking about this for my next car, what do you think!? I think it has just the right amount of "bling bling", don't you!? ;)

Pin It

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one sparkly car! haha - I remember saying goodbye to my first car (vividly...) - it can be kind of a monumental thing. Lots of memories had - but I've had lots of great memories in the car I got after that, so you know, life goes on...

Susan said...

I loved my first car, too..... a 1984 Chevy Cavalier..... so many good memories in that thing! I kept it until it was just about to die..... like 10 years! Wow, brings back memories! And that bling car? You couldn't stalk anybody in that thing!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about becoming attached to a car! You don't think you will...but the memories that each car holds are special!

And I'm loving your bling, lol!! I could just imagine that in small town Missouri driving around..haha!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It sure does have bling!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I remember my first car, Sally. It is so hard to get rid that car - but I guess I was excited to be upgrading! Ha!

sues2u2 said...

I'm thinking that shiny one is just what you need! Can I come & go for a ride? lol

My first car was a 78 Honda Accord! Yep, I've kinda dated myself here but man, I loved that car! It died a painful death after an accident too. Long live first car memories!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

ach, condolences for your car!! the one you have your eye on is certainly more... hmmm... eye-catching? :-)

Unknown said...

Ah hon, sorry about your car. But kinda like the house I'm leaving, I'm sure the new car will be great and have lots of wonderful memories! : )

Maddie's Mommy said...

LOL I remember my first car. '96 Chrysler Sebring..I loved that thing I bought it for I think $2500off the lot. I remember when it finally died for good I cried uncontrollably.. (but I was also 8 moths pregnant and had no idea what I was going to do about a car at the time.)..some good and bad memories with that car. I still miss it!

Alyssa said...

you NEEEEED that blinging car!!!

i found out yesterday my first car just got written off... i havent had that car for 4 years now... but i cried... your first car is always your baby... i now hate the guy that wrote it off... how dare he show it that disrespect!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is an awesome first car..sorry she had to go.

L said...

That car certainly will attract a lot of attention lol.

Andrea said...

What a crazy blinged out car! Love it! Just had to come by because the title of your blog has me singing Britney now, so I figured I'd leave you a post to say hi!

the sunflower girl said...

Stunning!! i think it is a car that you need!!!

x
x
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails