10.8.09

My Newfound Career Plan!

Who needs college anyway!? I have my found my new career, starting... immediately! So, sign up now while you can before I get booked! What? You want to know what it is?! Fine I'll tell you! I have decided my new career will be a facebook teacher! You don't know what that is?! Well, it's simple really (well not simple, I mean it's not like anyone could do it. It takes a special kind of person like me!). This summer I have been helping my parents become active facebook users! I know what you're thinking, why would I help my parents get a facebook? Most people don't want their parents on facebook, but luckily I have pretty cool parents & nothing to hide! Plus when I'm at school I want them to stay updated on my life! Anyway, back to the point. Since I have been helping them learn how to use facebook, I have become pretty good at explaining how to do stuff, what everything means, etc. Anyway, yesterday at work my 30-something year old cousin asked me to explain facebook to him, teach him how to use it, that kind of thing... and *bam* my career was born! You see, there's a pretty good market for this kind of thing. Facebook is no longer just for your average college student like myself, it is now for teens, pre-teens & even *gasp* grown ups like my parents! And a lot of these new users need a few little "how-to lessons?," and that's where I come in! I set up a few classes, with step by step how-to's on facebook, with a small charge for each session (my mom has volunteered to manage the financial side of things for my booming business!). And this is just the first step! I can teach you how to blog, how to tweet, whatever you need to know, I'm your girl (for a small fee of course). It's brilliant, right?! And I'll even give you a discount for being my special bloggy friends! :) So, what do you think!? Brilliant, right? I know, I know. You can think me later!

Pin It

13 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Ha! Both of my parents are on facebook and it is so funny. There was an article in our local newspaper yesterday saying that more adults are getting on facebook and then younger crowd is moving over to twitter. You could make loads of money!

Stephanie said...

Cute idea! My mom can barley work her cell phone, let alone a whol website!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Girl you are cracking me up but hey, go for it!!!

sues2u2 said...

So what you're saying is that maybe if you had been my facebook teacher I might have like facebook. Dang! Wish I'd known this before. lol

Ginger said...

Absolutely! Viable career choice! :) I remember when I was on the cutting edge of technology - when I explained to my friends, "Sometime soon, we'll be able to get on the computer and write to a person in a different place, and they can write back." And they were all, "No way! That's ridiculous!"

That was in the early 90's.

Please let me take this opportunity to say, "HA!" to them.

"HA! I told you, John and Lisa!"

I'm now a 30 something trying to maneuver around Twitter and Facebook.. (sigh)

I feel old.

Unknown said...

Love it!! You are brilliant, girl! I could see your lecture hall filled to the brim with people of all ages eagerly waiting to learn :)

And now this has me thinking of learning about the internet...and e-mail...it seems like yesterday!

Unknown said...

PS--LOVE your new blog design!! Krystyn is amazing!!

Katy said...

I signed my mom up for it a few years ago. Now my grandma is even on it. It's so much easier for sharing what's going on in my life.

You might enjoy this website. It's pretty funny.
http://myparentsjoinedfacebook.com/

Valerie said...

haha, cute!
I quite enjoy facebook (even though I was against it at first).

Kelsey said...

Love it!
Such a cute blog name too - I have the song in my head now. Good thing I'm a Britney fan lol.

Hepburn Hilton said...

Genuis!!

Dorm Bedding said...

I would hire you, but my parents don'e even know how to turn a computer on :)

Karen and Gerard said...

Very cool idea indeed! I think it's wonderful you have such a good relationship with your parents. I did too and tried teaching my dad how to use the computer to email when he was 88. Unfortunately, he had so many problems (arthritis in fingers, poor eyesight, poor memory) that he just couldn't do it. Bravo to your parents!

Related Posts with Thumbnails