4.2.09

Reason # 10000 Why Boys Suck!

Today I was reminded of why I hate this whole girl/guy I like you, do you like me, lets date, lets not whole mess... you know what I'm talking about!? Lately I have started to feel like I am finally over my ex. We can talk and it's not awkward, we laugh at each other's jokes; we are friends, finally I think. So, in the spirit of moving on, I asked a guy if he wanted to watch a movie tonight with me. I don't even know if I have feelings for him or anything, but he expressed his feelings to me a couple times already, and I decided I should give him a chance. Well, his response to watching a movie with me? "Maybe." Um... k? Way to be vague! I'm so glad I put myself out there and asked you to do something when you're the one telling me you like me, and I never hear from you! It's not a big deal, I'm not gonna be crushed or anything if we don't hang out, but it just reminded me of why I hate dealing with boys. They tell you they like you, but they never make a freakin effort to talk to you! I understand being shy, but it's not that hard to text someone... especially if someone asked you to hang out, you said maybe and you said you would let me know. Then I don't hear from you all day. What is that about!? I also wait how boys can turn you into something so pathetic! The one thing I hated about being with my ex was waiting around for him to text me. I would wake up in the morning and wonder when he would text me, or why he hasn't yet. It's stupid! I don't need to live my life around someone else's schedule! Also apparently when guys say one thing when they're drunk they may or may not mean it when their sober (i.e. I like you a lot). I hate that. Basically right now I just hate boys.

Pin It

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad to be past this stage - I'm with you lady, it sucks. Sometimes they hardly seem worth the effort!

Jen said...

I guess this topic is fresh on my mind because I just saw the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" but I think you need to remember that you are smart, pretty and a really nice girl that has a lot to offer. If these jackasses are too wrapped up in their own insecurities or ego to notice than do not waste your time waiting for them. When the right guy comes along, you will know it and it won't take so much effort.

Dee said...

ditto to Jen E! UGH....sorry you're having to go through all this! And by the way, there are WAY more reasons why boys suck! :)

Susan said...

Ditto what Jen said.... when it's right it's right... but it sucks trying to find that! I think you're awesome.... and boys have always sucked and will always suck!

WindyBug said...

I see another comment on here about it, but read "He's Just Not That Into You." It is funny and empowering. I'm 27 and still dealing with all the same B.S. but I'm learning to walk away if it's not going anywhere. I still get down too. It's frustrating. So I feel ya.

Unknown said...

Your words say it all when you say BOYS . You sound way to mature (and fun!) for boys. You need a guy...at least one that texts back!

Anonymous said...

omg I totally know what you mean about the waiting around thing....I hated when I turned into that...it was horrible!!!!

Thank God we snap out of it

Cammie said...

Boys ARE dumb. All of them. Even the one you will eventually marry! I thought of you the other day.....I got TWO phone calls on my cell in one day asking if I was pizza hut.....I thought about it to late but the next time.....Why yes it is, Can I take your order??"

Cammie said...

um, let me finish my thought.....the reason I thought about you....because of the whole random text BFF you have....

Megan said...

And that is why I married a man 5 years older than me!! He had gotten out of that stupid stage before I met him! :)

Hepburn Hilton said...

You and me both! It's like me with Derek, my not x/not boyfriend , we are on abreak-friend... we agreed to go to the mountain in two weeks. Today I talk to him and he pretends like we NEVER talked about it before and says: Uhm, well.. I guess we could do that.. Just saying freaking yes idiot!

sribbler said...

all boys are not like this..

Aracely said...

<- I like how Jen is all pro on the topic because she saw He's Just Not That In To You- love that girl! She took the words right out of my mouth, when it's the right boy it will be (relatively) effortless.

The Blonde Duck said...

You need some pie to make you feel better. I wouldn't worry about him. Sounds like he's being selfish.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Thank you girl for reminding me that married life isn't all that bad, LOL!!!

And trying to raise mine to be better guys then that!!

Unknown said...

I'm no relationship expert but what I do know is that I went through this too until THE ONE came along. (not that you are already looking for that!)

Guess what I am trying to say is close to what Jen said... especially the "so much effort" part. If you are going to be with someone that you "click" with it won't make you feel this way. Sorry for my rambling!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I've been here alot!! And I still have issues with understand them!!

I gave you an award...

Anonymous said...

Oh I've been here alot!! And I still have issues with understand them!!

I gave you an award...

Kelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RuensOnTheRun said...

You're still young enough to not worry about finding someone to date. Have fun with your girl friends and the right guy will come along when you least expect it. Oh also...don't ever listen to the words of a drunk guy...NEVER!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What I've learned about people when they are drunk...they really say what they mean; the problem is the next day, they aren't ready to admit to it.

Stephanie said...

oh boy...I hate boys too!

Unknown said...

The important thing is that you put yourself out there. His answer may have sucked, but didn't it feel good asking someone anyway?

Related Posts with Thumbnails