31.10.09

The Big 2-0!

Yesterday was a big day for me... 20 years ago yesterday I came into this world!! Yesterday was my 20th birthday! I had a great day with really great friends & was so busy celebrating I didn't get this post up until now! ;)

I can't believe I'm 20... I'm so old! Although 20 sometimes gets overlooked because you're jsut waiting for the next year so you can turn 21, I think 20 is pretty significant! I am no longer a teenager anymore, and I am closer to being a woman.

I was so ready to be 20, I hated being ninteen because of that suffix on the end of the word... teen. You see, once upon a time, that suffix was something I longed for, I couldn't wait for, in fact I had to be a "pre-teen" before my age even had "teen" in it! But by the time I was nineteen I wanted nothing more than to be rid of that "teen" title and be associated with children! I feel like 20 sounds more adult, more grown up, and not child-like!

19 made my blog title, Not a girl not yet a woman, ring even more true than it already did because it was like I was so close to being a woman, but not quite there and I felt like a child every time I said I was 19! Now I'm in a whole new demographic, the 20's!

19 was a good year... a lot happened in a year:


Overall, I'd say it was a pretty big year. Lots of change, but lots of goodness! I can't wait to see what 20 has to hold!

Last year, for my birthday, I asked to break my comment record, and you guys made it happen! Jen E @ Momma Blogs A Lot even made me my own virtual birthday card! So this year what do I want?! Well, a happy birthday from each one of my followers would be nice! And that would break my record from last year! ;)

Pin It

19 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy 20th Birthday Patrice!

Alyssa said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! xx

Dree said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad that you had such a good day. :)

Catalina said...

HAPPY BIRHTHDAY!!

Katy said...

If 20 is old then I must be really old at 23! Haha.

Don't forget to update your about me section since you are no longer 19.

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy 20th birthday, sweetie! I honestly feel like an older sister--after all, my baby brother is at Mizzou and the same year as YOU!

I hope your 20's bring you as much fun, parties, and love as mine did for me. xoxo

Sues2u2 said...

Happy Birthday, Patrice. Enjoy!!!

Netter said...

Have a great birthday! Keep up with your blogging!

Dawn said...

Happy 20th Birthday, Patrice! Enjoy your 20's!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patrice! I agree, 20 is definitely a big deal milestone. :)

The Little Miss said...

Happy 20th!!! The 20's is a great age...has been for me . Im 24...Love your blog !!!!!

If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy birthday! You had a good year, but the 20s are so much better than the teens!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Happy belated birthday!

I am a latecomer to your blog, and think it's just adorable. I think I'll live out my quickly-dwindling youth vicariously through your posts!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Nomad said...

happy 20th!!!

Hepburn Hilton said...

Happy belated birthday!! Hope it was a good one!

Don't say you're old. I just turned 25 last month. Yup, 25!! If you are old, then I'm ancient... :)

Sara Elizabeth said...

Awww...20!? Happy Birthday! I remember 20. It was 7 years ago for me, but I remember it well. :)

Jenny said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Enjoy 20...I just turned 30 and I wonder where the last 10 years went.

prashant said...

Happy 20th Birthday 2 U

Work From Home india

Dorm Bedding said...

So fun your b-day falls right before Halloween - such a fun time of the year :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails