1.9.08

I'm here!

I'm back as promised! lol And as I told you, I have lots of news! So last week was crazy... from the minute (well almost) I arrived at campus there was something going on. We had ice cream socials, late night bowling, meetings during the day with peer advisers to learn where things are and stuff, so much more, but especially rush events! Rush started officially Thursday night with touring all 4 houses on campus, and just chatting with the girls in the house. Then afterward, you narrow it down to the three houses you like the best, and if they like you as well then you go back to those 3 the next night. So I went to all three of the one's I like. Basically, every night you narrow it down. I was having a hard time deciding which one's I liked the best, but I just had to go with where I clicked. At the Alpha Chi Omega house, I was already friends with one of the girls. She was from Dallas as well, but was a sophomore at my college, and it helped so much meeting her. She talked to me on the last night of rush and poured her heart out to me saying she wants to be my big sis, etc and I was hooked! So, I am now an official Alpha Chi Omega!!! I am loving it! I know I made the right decision without a doubt. I am now in the sorority house, and I go out with the girls at night, hang out with them during the day.. it's all great! The cool thing is my mom was an Alpha Chi Omega, and so was my grandmother, so I'm 3rd generation! It feels good to carry on the tradition! lol My classes are good, there's 1 I'm not so sure about, but I'm hanging in there and hoping it gets better! I've made a lot of friends and I am just having a lot of fun! I decorated my room and stuff this weekend, but I'm not sure I like it!? haha Anyway, I took some pics and will post them once my Internet is fixed. I don't know why, but my Internet hasn't connected all weekend, and it's making me crazy! So, I am here at the computer lab because I just couldn't take it anymore! I am slowly catching up on all your blogs, but I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up all the way! I have only been homesick a couple times. The other day I was just exhausted and therefore I was really emotional. I talk to my mom everyday sometimes twice a day, but for some reason when I got off the phone with her the other day I just started crying. I missed her a lot, and I was just feeling sad and wanted my mom! Luckily, 2 of my sisters were there comfort me and told me it's totally normal to be homesick at 1st! However, Dana helped out too by sending me some homemade goodies! Thanks again, Dana! They were delicious! If anyone else wants to get on that, let me know! I love getting packages! haha So in high school I was on the newspaper staff, and I loved it. So when I signed up for my college classes, they asked if I wanted to write for the paper. So of course I said yes! Well, on Wednesday we met for the 1st time, and planned everything out. And guess what?! I'm going to be the Managing Editor! I'm so excited! I just volunteered, and no one else wanted it, so I got it! Also, my 1st story I just finished today is going to be featured on the front page of the 1st issue! I'm so thrilled!!! So, that's pretty much what I have to report! I hope this week things will calm down, and I'll have a little more time to blog! I miss you, guys! Don't forgot about me if I'm not back every day! haha Until next time...

Pin It

11 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! You have been busy. Congrats on the sorority and being a legacy!

And, homemade goodies...that's awesome!

And, congrats on the newspaper thing, too!

The Broken Man said...

Glad you got there ok and settled in well! I have to admit that I really don't understand the sorority thing - we just don't have it over here, but it sounds like it gives you a really good support system.

Really glad you are enjoying it!

The Broken man

The Broken Man said...

Oh, and huge, huge congratulations on being on the front page! How could I have forgotten that?!

Anonymous said...

You have certainly been busy and I'm so proud of you - it sounds like you are doing amazing there and really getting involved which is GOOD - it will definitely help with the home sickness.

You know being a former college paper managing editor myself, I am SO proud of you for getting involved and with such a high position so quickly! And front page!! You go girl!

And your sorority looks really terrific too and sounds like you've made some great friends! haha I'm like gushing with pride for you girl! Have a great week!

amanda said...

oh my goodness friend!! sooo much going on!!

congrats on all of it :)

The Nice One said...

Congrats you busy bee!
Way to go!!!!!

Carol said...

Oh wow how lovely is Dana.

I'm glad you're settled and loving your sorority that'll really help with any homesickness.

Sounds like a blast!

Anonymous said...

wow patrice! Congrats


Love Tanner

Tenakim said...

Some of my best friends went to William Woods- are you an equestrian?

Unknown said...

Congrats on your sorority, honey! It sounds like you made the right choice.

I know homesickness sucks :( I know it will get better for you! If you ever want a package, e-mail me! I love shopping :) I can pick you up some things when I go shopping for my swap partner! Yay!

Can't wait to see the pics girlie! And am sooo glad you are having fun!

Anne K said...

My aunt, and two cousins were Alpha Chi Omegas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails