2.9.08

Looking fine by 2009

So my Internet has been down since Friday & it's really starting to make me crazy. So i am attempting to blog via iPhone update: I'm now in the library.. posting from my phone took too long! Continue reading now... Anyway I was reading all your latest posts & trying to catch up when I saw a bunch of you were blogging about this looking fine by 2009 thing. That's when I remembered that Jen over at Daily Mish Mash was hosting this whole weight loss thing & o ya, I signed up. Hmm forgot about that. Actually I didn't forget because even though it may seem I'm not here as often lately I'm just not on here as in my blog. Really I'm on Google reader like 1000 times a day so blogging is always on my mind. So the truth is I didn't forget I signed up. I just didn't know it started right away. Anyway I will tell you about the week 1 I didn't know was week 1. I have talked about my weight struggles on here before. I don't like saying I'm on a diet so I'm on what I call a permanent diet where you try to eat healthy. Yeah not working. I really want to avoid the whole Freshman 15 so I'm willing to do what it takes to avoid that. But so far that hasn't been much. I suck at eating healthy. I love candy & all things sweet so I am guilty of the occasional slip up in the whole eating healthy plan. And by occasional I mean like everyday. Ya. Not good. There are some days I do well. I bought a bunch of slim fast bars to keep in my room and I had a couple days where that was all I ate. But then I went out to frat parties & there was beer juice& margaritas soda (my favorite) & I don't know how but somehow they managed to get consumed... By me. Like I said I don't know how that happened. Also, I go to Wal-Mart a lot. And the 1st freaking aisle is of course the candy aisle. And well, I th0ught it would be just brilliant to buy some chocolate covered raisin's and Dots. Yeah then I ate them. All. There's also the time the other day where I went to Subway.. I know it's healthy good job right? Well, some idiot brilliant entrepreneur decided to combine Subway with a Baskin Robbin's. And so I decided to have a nice bowl of ice cream with my sandwich.
So have I at least been exercising you ask? Well let me tell you my versions of exercise.Well, you see, I don't have a car here at school, so I have to walk everywhere. Even though it's a pretty small campus and you can walk anywhere in under 10 minutes, walking all over to class is a lot of work! And it's still pretty hot out here, so I break a sweat. Does that count?! Also, I live on the 3rd floor of our Sorority House, so I go up and down three flights of stairs several times a day. Sometimes 4 when I go to the basement. That's hard work, too! That's pretty much my daily exercise... is that enough to make up for all those beers and candy ?!? I doubt it. So, I promise to do better this week. Except today I already had a brownie. And some dots, but just a few! So, this week I promise to do better, or at least try. Goals:
  • Drink more water
  • No more candy, etc. (That doesn't include the aforementioned alcoholic beverages- sorry, it's college!)
  • Work out (Besides walking to class and up the stairs!)
  • I'll come up with more later! haha
I haven't taken my measurements or anything, yet, but I will. And I will update this post with them and maybe a picture I don't know I don't even like looking in the mirror naked or in a bathing suit, so posting that on the Internet would be my worst fear. I'll think about it...

Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You at least get better exercise than I do, even if you aren't "trying" yet - college requires a lot of walking which helps - and all that partying must burn a few calories, right?

Glad you're sticking with this - it's very easy to gain a freshman 15 or 2 or 3, so it's good to try not to completely fall off the wagon. :) Glad you're having a good time.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Keep yourself moving, and you'll do fine. It won't be too bad!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you've got some really good things going for you with all that walking and stair climbing. I do consider that exercise. Any movement counts as long as it is above and beyond your normal activity level.

As far as the alcohol and candy--anything in moderation is fine. (Especially the alcohol--for other reasons not related to dieting.) Chocolate is my weakness, so I try to always have a little to satisfy the cravings. I make it a game to see how long I can make the candy bar last by just breaking off a small piece a day. I know a lot of people can't do that, but that is my one area of self control.

Good luck! I look forward to reading your progress!!

The Broken Man said...

I would like to offer some very wise words i was given on losing weight - have your cake and eat it.

I am fat. Its true. But I am happily fat. So many people seem to spend so much of their lives worrying about their weights and i think its a real shame, i think there are far better things to worry about in life.

Dawn said...

Hey swap partner! I want to look fine by 2009 too. Your goals seem great. I will just mention that I started packing on the pounds because of alcohol, so just remember all things in moderation. I didn't remember that when I was in college. ;-)

Kellie said...

Oh the candy aisle is the WORST!

I've joined in the challenge as well...good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Related Posts with Thumbnails