8.8.08

On Top of Everything...

Clearly I haven't had my share of drama yet. Oh, no it's just getting good! Think you're disappointed now?! Oh, no. The fun is just getting started... So yesterday I am talking to a really good friend of mine, who at one point, was one of my best friends. For some reason or another we haven't really stayed in touch this summer. A few months back, we had a falling out and she didn't agree with some choices I was making, so she cut off our friendship. Just.like.that. Well, after a few months, we eventually started talking again, apologies were said, forgiveness was granted, etc, etc. You get the point. Well, like I said, we haven't really stayed in touch this summer since then. I really feel like I am trying... normally when we have disagreements it's because of my lack of trying, and putting other friends before her. Well, I was really making an effort... but with no results. So yesterday, we talk... and she informs me that she's leaving in 2 days to go on vacation.. and won't be back until the 19th. The same day I'm leaving for school. So I ask what she's doing the next 2 nights, telling her "I would really love to see you before you leave for vacation.. I don't know when I'll be back in town." And her response? This is good.... brace yourselves! "I'm really busy." Too busy to make time to see me before I leave until who knows when??! And it gets better... she literally said "oh well.." Oh well ?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! ?And the thing is... I would expect this from her.. but not from this friend. She was always there for me, she was the friend that I called crying, and it hurts that she doesn't even feel it necessary to say good bye! I am really getting the short end of the stick, here. And I honestly don't know why! I really think I did everything to be the best friend I could be... so why doesn't anyone feel the need to reciprocate? Like I said before, I never imagined this is how my last 2 weeks before school would be. I figured it would be sad... but not for this reason.

Pin It

10 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Oh Patrice...I am so sorry that this is happening to you right before you go off to school. I will definately be praying for you.

Unknown said...

Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry. I don't know why all of this drama is happening to you right before you leave...I hope you meet some AMAZING friends in Missouri.
Wait! I know you will bc I am from Missouri and we are AWESOME! Lol :)

just a girl... said...

my .02 cents. I am going through this right now at 34. Be glad you found out now rather then 16 years later. People often show their true colors we just seem blind to them. Not meant to side that deep. New Visitor love your blog. Oh yea, felow texas here.

Sue Wilkey said...

OMG. You are totally my youngest commenter EVER. I have so much to teach you. But if I could impart 2 bits of wisdom they would be
#1 Most girls suck and are not to be trusted. The older you get, the truer the friendships will be.

#2 If you ever love a guy but it's too crazy and tumultuous, the fact that he's 'your soulmate" may well be. But it doesn't mean you're meant to be together. Fighting/drama means LEAVE. Trust me, i know.

Thanx for visiting!!! The fact that you have such a rockin' blog at such a young age means you got it goin' ON.

stacey said...

EW~ you don't need a rude girl like that as your friend anyway!!!

I just came across you (super cute) blog!
I have been through similar situations like this. Some so-called 'friends' are so MEAN. Keep your head up girl! I am sure you will meet tons of new friends when you go away.

Nice to 'met' you my name is Stacey!

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry you have to deal with this right before leaving for school. Any friend that would say "oh well" is really not worth feeling sad over. She was obviously in your life to teach you a lesson about something (how not to treat people). Now you have learned this lesson and will meet some great new people and make some wonderful, lasting relationships at college.

The Broken Man said...

Someone once said to me "people are in your life for a reason and a season" its really hard when frinedships end, when i look back i have had close friendships with lots of people i dont know anymore, some who i still know and have known for years, and some new friends. ITs horrible, but you will find even better frineds in the future!

Brea in Texas said...

Oh Patrice, (((hugs!)))!! It can be really hard to go through something like that, and watch a relationship change in (what can seem like) a second. And it doesn't get easier as you get older, but you do learn how to deal with it a little better. And hopefully spot certain personality traits that make you better able to avoid those situations.

From one Texas gal to another, try to enjoy your last few weeks, have fun with your family and other friends, and look forward to the awesome experience you've got coming up soon (whether it's school or something totally unexpected, God has a plan for you!).

Love your blog; I'll be back to read you often.

~Brea

Joy said...

Ouch, so sorry!!!

Where are you moving to in Missouri (Columbia, probably?)?

Anonymous said...

Having gone through H.S., college, grad school, and more, I will tell you that friends come and go, but only those that are meant to last, will be your friends forever When I was younger, I used to get upset when I lost touch with a friend, but now I realize that there are people that are in your life when you need them and they need you. I call them 'friends for a while'. When the common thread that holds the friendship is no longer, there, the friendship fades. And, that's O.k.
BTW, love your blog. It's very honest. Will come back.
Sorry about the super long comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails